Childcare and Nannies Inc.
Hiring an Overseas Caregiver
to work in the United States

An American family may legally hire a US citizen, someone who has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or someone with a valid work permit.

Eligibility for lawful employment must be verified by the employer using form I-9 form. You can down load this form from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website-link below.

A family may also wish to help a foreign applicant obtain work authorization. Because of recent changes, it is now easier than ever for experienced live-in nannies (except from the Philippines, India or China) to apply for permanent resident visas. Application must occur while the applicant is still in their home country.

To Qualify:

  1. Applicant must have at least one year of experience as a household domestic worker.
  2. Applicant must be offered a full-time, permanent position in the US.
  3. The potential employer must apply for and receive approved Labor Certification from The Department of Labor.
  4. The employer must prove that your employment as a live in household worker is a business necessity.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

US Immigration Overseas Offices

US Au Pair Programs-US Department of State


OptiMum Childcare and Nannies.

For more information please contact us